The best way to do street photography
Call you what you want, but walking around busy urban areas with a SLR camera is dangerous these days. People either think you’re terrorists or think you’re a pedophile on the loose. However this guy Bruce Gilden is legendary for how he shoots Street Photography. Just watch this short documentary about him taking photos in New York.
I admire his ‘no-ethic’ attitude, but it is not a moral that sits comfortably with me. I like to gain people’s trust but the best shots I’ve taken on the streets have been with a long lens and definitely NOT the IN YOUR FACE approach which Bruce Gilden adopts.
What are your thoughts on Urban Photography? What is your style? Perhaps you’re not a photographer but just a normal guy who’s annoyed at big SLRs being shoved in your face?
Please comment and let me know if you’re for or against it.
- Why the Canon 5D mark 2 is currently the best DSLR around
- Nikon 24-70mm coffee mug
- Wedding video montage shot entirely on Nikon D90
- When a soldier finds peace from a little girl
- What will Apple’s iPad mean for photographers?
- Valentines Photoshoot with Miss Buckinghamshire, Jade Parsons.
- Mortality imortalized.
- Picnic at Combe Hill
- Remembering Vietnam
- Possibly the most colourful photos ever!